- Withdrawal Policy
- General Rules
- Skill Assessment & Evaluations
Sept – Mid June
Students join on a rolling basis, month-to-month.
Winter Camps mid-December
June – August
Students enroll for either: the whole summer, the first half, or the second half.
Summer Camps mid-June through late-August.
Enrollment in our Regular Season program occurs on a monthly basis. For your convenience, students are automatically re-enrolled in the same class month to month, unless notified ahead of time (please see Withdrawal Policy).
If you need to switch your class time or day for any reason, please stop by the Front Desk before the 15th of the month and we will do our best to accommodate you.
New Families can register for any available class and start right away as long as tuition and the Annual Registration Fee is paid-in-full at the time of registration. Whether it is the day of or for starting the next week, our staff will make sure your child will get to class and pro-rate tuition accordingly.
The Annual Registration Fee is not required for Adult Class participants.
Those actively taking classes or those still covered under the Annual Registration Fee, receive priority enrollment prior to the start of the Summer and the Regular Season on a first-come first-serve basis. Being a Current Family is required to take classes at IK Gymnastics. Current Families may switch into available classes seamlessly, acquire access to Girls Event-Specific Training, or drop and re-enroll at any time within the period the Annual Registration Fee remains the family “Current”.
If there are no spots available in a particular class, students have the option to be added to a waitlist (limit two waitlists per student). Being on a waitlist does not guarantee enrollment in a class, and is dependent on the order in which a student was added to the waitlist and whether or not current students have dropped from that particular class.
All class participants are required to pay a nonrefundable annual registration fee of $120 per students ($150 per family of two children or more) due upon initial registration and once a year thereafter.
IKG’s Regular Season classes run on a monthly cycle. The listed price reflects monthly tuition which depends on how many times the class is held that month ((ex. One hour class ($25) that meets Mondays during a month with five Mondays will be $125 ($25 x 5) for that particular month)).
We offer a Multiple Class Discount of 20% off the lesser tuition for a single student taking multiple classes per week, and a 10% Sibling Discount.
*Please note that a valid credit card is required for online or in-person registration*
(1) Automatic payments (credit only)
- Automatic billing authorizations are required for all families that choose to be automatically enrolled month-to-month.
- You may sign up for automatic billing through our online registration portal or in person at our Front Desk.
- With automatic billing, tuition is charged to your credit card on the 20th of each month for the subsequent month (Ex. Tuition for December would be drawn on November 20th).
- Statements may not be sent out prior to billing your credit card. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform IK Gymnastics of any changes regarding the credit card on file (i.e. new card, change of address, etc.) before the 15th of the month. If you need to withdraw from the automatic payment plan, please refer to them Withdrawal Policy below.
(2) Month-to-month payments (cash or check)
- A family that does not wish to use our automatic payment system may pay by cash or check, but will be required to keep a credit card on file that will be used only in the event of a delinquent account.
- For cash/check customers, payment is due by the 20th of each month for the following month.
- If payment is not received by the 25th, a $20.00 late fee will be issued and your balance will be charged to the credit card on file.
- If no payment is received by the 30th, the student will be dropped from the class.
*There will be a $35.00 fee charged for returned checks and a $15.00 fee for a declined credit card. These fees must be paid with cash or credit card and a child will not be allowed to participate in class until valid payment is received.*
Makeup Policy (Regular Season only)
- The Make-Up Policy at IK Gymnastics is as follows:
- Each student is allowed 1 make-up per Calendar month.
- If make-ups are not used within the calendar month, they will be forfeited on the last day of that month.
- Absences must be called ahead 24hrs in advance.
- No rescheduling make-ups.
- There will be no pro-rated tuition for any missed classes.
- Competitive team members are not eligible for make-ups.
- Excessive make-up requests may be denied.
- Make-ups are on a space available basis and are not guaranteed.
In order to be withdrawn from automatic-enrollment, the customer must notify a member of the administrative staff via Drop Form (available at the Front Desk) no later than the 15th of the same month. If a Drop Form is not received by the 15th of the month, the child will be enrolled automatically in his/her class for the upcoming month and tuition will be posted to the account.
*Summer season registration is due in full at time of registration and is nontransferable and nonrefundable. There are no cancellations for Summer Season.*
For your child’s safety and in consideration of others:
- Classes will begin on time. Please make every effort to be punctual.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a parent when not in class.
- Parents are solely responsible for their children prior to and following scheduled class times.
- Please drop children off no earlier than 15min from the scheduled class time.
- Please pick up children promptly at the end of their class.
- We do not offer supervision before or after scheduled class times.
- Children are to remain in the building at all times.
- Children must be picked up in the building, not the parking lot.
- Please escort children into and out of the building.
- Adults and children are expected to be respectful of each other, staff and coaches at all times. The use of inappropriate language or conduct by children or adults at the facility will not be tolerated.
- With the exception of parent/child classes, only gymnasts and instructors are allowed in the gymnastics area.
- During parent/tot classes, only one parent may accompany the student.
- No additional siblings are allowed in the gym area.
- Adults and children must remove shoes before entering the lobby area or gymnastics area.
- No child will be allowed to participate until an informed consent and waiver form are signed.
- Food and/or drink are allowed only in the viewing area. Absolutely no food or drink is permitted in the gym.
- Water fountains are located within the gym area for the athletes.
- We will make every effort to provide a consistent coach for your class on an ongoing basis; however we reserve the right to change instructors for any class at any time.
- Please park only in the spaces specifically designated for IKG families.
Q: What method does IK Gymnastics use to assess skill level and ability?
A: Coaches keep continual written notes of students that are able to perform the necessary skills necessary to advance levels. These notes are shared with the Program Director so that he can further assess individual students during class. As students rotate throughout the gym, the Program Director also makes note of students that perform well on particular events so that they can be taken aside for further assessment.
Q: How do I know my son or daughter is getting better at gymnastics?
A: At IK Gymnastics, we utilize a Level-Up System to gauge an individual student’s progress. Each level has a set list of specific skills which must be performed safely and effectively in order to advance levels. Skills in more advanced levels are built upon the fundamental skills a student learns in previous levels. As a student progresses, they will learn more difficult skills and combinations.
Q: Do you offer evaluations to advance levels? Are they done individually or as a group?
A: We offer level-specific Group Evaluations throughout the Regular Season (Sept-June), typically on Saturday afternoons. These group evaluations have a ratio of one evaluator to every six students (1:6) with a max class size of 12 and last approximately 1 hour. In-depth written feedback and results are provided to each individual who attended evaluations the following Monday. Individual Evaluations may be inquired about at the Front Desk but are not guaranteed due to time and space constraints.
*Evaluations are done in groups with 6:1 ratio (students to coaches), with a max size of 12 gymnasts with two coaches. Even though we conduct evaluations in group format, students are individually tested on all the event skills necessary to move up to the next level.*
Can we try out a class at IKG before enrolling?
We don’t allow trial classes because we think this would be disruptive to the enrolled students, but we invite parents to observe classes and/or speak to the coaches. Our amazing front desk staff can help direct you as well. Please call (773) 604-4541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I enroll my child in an advanced class?
For a child currently in a program at IKG, his/her coach will recommend when it is time for advancement. Any child new to IKG wishing to be enrolled in an advanced class must be assessed by one of the coaches to determine which class best suits the athlete. For more information, you may click here
Do I need to make a long-term commitment?
At IKG we understand the need for scheduling flexibility which is why we don’t have 8 or 10 week sessions. Enrollment in all our of our classes is monthly. In addition, we offer the convenience of automatically enrolling your child in the next month unless we hear otherwise (see our enrollment and withdrawal policies) so you don’t have to worry about missing registration and getting shut out of a class you?ve been in.
Do I qualify for priority enrollment?
Priority enrollment is for current IK families, which are families whose annual registration is current within one year.
(For instance, if a family first enrolled in March, their annual registration fee will always be due in March. They will be eligible for priority enrollment during this period.)
What should my child wear to class?
Girls should wear a leotard or shorts and a t-shirt. No jewelry of any kind except small post earrings. Hair should be tied back. Boys should wear shorts or sweat pants and a t-shirt. No shoes or wet socks are allowed in the gymnastics area. Cubbies are available in the viewing area for additional clothing, but please do not bring valuables to the gym. IKG cannot be responsible for lost, damaged or stolen articles.
Does IK close for the holidays?
We are open during most holidays/breaks. If you are unsure if we will be open or not, please check our front page, where we will post information if we are closed! We are closed on the following holidays:
- 4th of July
- Labor day break (August 25-September 2)
- Thanksgiving Day
We also typically have a short break (open only for camps) during the weeks of:
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Years
What happens in bad weather?
Please check the website if you are wondering if a class will be held in inclement weather. All students in classes cancelled due to weather will be offered make-ups within 2 weeks of the cancellation. In some cases, we may offer account credit in place of a makeup.
Can my child take private lessons? How do I sign up?
Yes, private lessons are available. Please call the office for cost and schedule. Regular private lessons are only available during regular gym hours. Private Lessons for competitive students must be approved by their head coach. Alternatively, you may email email@example.com with your requested hours, skills, a brief summary of your child, and any special coach requests. We will get you in contact with a coach depending on availability.
I would love to stay and watch my child’s gymnastics class. May I?
Of course! Parents are welcome to view classes anytime. We have a comfortable viewing area (with free WiFi!). We ask that for the safety of everyone, all spectators must stay in or near the viewing area. Any children waiting for siblings or friends who are not participating in a class must remain outside the gym area and must be supervised and accompanied by an adult at all times.
My daughter would like to join a competitive team. How does this work?
You can find out more about our teams on the teams portion of our website. Please call the office for further information and/or to schedule a meeting with a coach.
Do you have a referral program?
Yes we do! When you tell your friends about IK gymnastics and they enroll in any of our programs, you will receive $10 off your next month’s tuition. Make sure your friend gives us your name when he/she signs up, and we’ll send you a coupon. Just bring it into us to redeem for your discount. Referrals are only applied once the registration fee has been processed.
How do I get into a class that is full?
We offer the option to wait list (2 maximum per child). You will receive an email notification when a spot opens up for your child, and will have 24 hours to respond to the email before the spot is given up. There is no penalty if you wish to decline the spot.
When do wait lists expire?
IK Gymnastics has two seasons. Regular Season (September through mid-June) and Summer Season (mid-June through August). All classes and wait lists from season to season are terminated and do not carry over.
Where is my child on the wait list?
Our wait lists are influenced by a variety of factors, such as the time stamp, the maximum number of students that are allowed into a particular class, the popularity of the time and day, and other indeterminable factors. Our wait lists only move when people drop from a class. Therefore, we are unable to give an exact number or an exact estimate of when a wait list will move. Typically, a period of 2 months or longer is the minimum wait; however, our wait lists tend to be very unpredictable.
Recommended times to keep an eye out for these emails would be during holidays, such as Christmastime, when more drops occur.
Can I request a specific teacher or group for my child’s class?
Teacher/group requests are welcome; however, due to the progressive nature of this sport and in an effort to maximize safety on IK premises, we cannot guarantee request fulfillment.